Author: Rebecca Verduci
Hope comes in many forms and from many individuals. Many aren’t aware at the hope they provide those around them. It can be visible in your place of work, in your partner’s face while you’re hitting their pads and in your family’s smiles when you return to them from a long day. You see it on faces boarding a plane, in hospital wards, in the aisles of Kmart where all children drool with anticipation. It’s present in varying extremes depending mostly on POVERTY, HEALTH AND SAFETY. We have all been hopeful and we have been the subject of HOPE.
It’s usually accompanied by butterflies in the belly, or an anxiety knot in the throat, perhaps sleepless nights, or staring at a phone.
Hope is getting in a boxing ring, making it to your job interview on time, not being stuck in Berwick when your class in Hallam starts at 6pm. How about hearing your 6 year old talk for the first time, waiting for a donor with a blood match, waiting on those biopsy results, or clinging to the EpiPen while your son takes his first bite.
Whatever your experiences, here a collection of quotes to remind you of the importance of HOPE in every day.
- Hope is patience with the lamp lit – Tertullian
- I don’t think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains – Anne Frank
- Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall – Confucius
- Only in the darkness can you see the stars – Martin Luther King Jr
- Once you choose hope, anything’s possible – Christopher Reeve
- Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all – Emily Dickinson
- Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows – Helen Keller
- Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up -Thomas Edison
- For every dark night there’s a brighter day – Tupac
- Kid, you’ll move mountains! – Dr. Seuss
- A leader is a dealer in hope – Napoleon Bonaparte